We will contact patients when it is your turn. Please do not call the practice. We are currently vaccinating the over 80’s then moving onto the over 75’s.
We will call you and book your appointment, please ensure the practice has your up-to-date contact details to ensure we can contact you.
The image below illustrates the priority groups which you may find useful
We must keep on protecting each other – Stay home, Protect the NHS, Save lives.
Shielding in Tier 4
Please follow advice provided on GOV.UK and stay at home as much as possible. You should receive a letter shortly from the Department of Health and Social Care regarding what to do if you cannot work from home and copies of the letter can be found on the website above following this link
The rollout will take time, & people will be called when the service is ready. We will not be contacting patients via text at this time, and will not be asking for any of your details.
Please don’t call your GP, hospital or pharmacy – this will delay care for people who are unwell & seeking help.
This year to stay safe and maintain social distancing these will be by appointment time frame only. Please contact reception after 1pm each day to make an appointment if you fall into one of the following categories:
Aged 65 or older
Aged 64 or under and have a long term condition
Aged 50-64-year old age group
DO NOT ATTEND if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please can we ask that you attend by yourself where possible. We will only be allowing one person in per room.
- Don’t attend too early/late for your appointment time frame.
- Wear appropriate clothing to allow us to access your upper arm.
- Please wear a face covering.
Please note you may have to wait outside if the clinic is busy, parking may be limited also therefore please use the overspill carpark located at Shotley Bridge Hospital.
Try The New NHS App
If you’re a patient at our practice you can now use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record, and more.
If you already use Systm Online you can continue to use it. You can use the NHS App as well. For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp
Our dedicated team are here to treat any minor ailments that may occur, as well as providing specialist management of long term conditions in clinics covering a wide range of health care issues. The technology also means that you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home, such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to provide the most appropriate care. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to ensure that what the practice is offering always meets the needs of the patient.
The environment in which GPs are striving to provide services is increasingly challenging:
- An increased demand on general practice caused by demographic changes, more complex health needs, and some care moving out of hospitals all contributes to unsustainable pressures on GP services.
- Based on the current number of GPs, and the staff who support them in the general practice team, there are simply not enough hours in the day to meet everyone's needs.
- The increasing demand and workload pressures are leading to low morale and stress, causing many GPs to leave the profession or to consider early retirement.
- GPs and their practice teams must have greater support to deliver high quality services that meet the requirements of all their local patients.
The BMA is now calling for long-term, sustainable investment in general practice to:
- Attract, retain, and expand the number of GPs.
- Expand the number of practice staff.
- Improve the premises from which GP services are provided.
Queens Road Surgery
"The surgery provides a great service, too often the NHS gets a bad press but this surgery is doing a great job."
"Always very polite, 99% of the time you get an appointment, Doctors and nurses always come and call your name in person"
"I wish to express my debt to all at Queens Road Surgery. The Service provided by them all has been superb "
We Are Passionate
We only employ staff who are passionate about your care and everyone at Queens Road aims to go the extra mile.
We Have Intuition
We always want to do what is best for you. We feel that communication is key and always listen to what you have to say.
Practices are currently under enormous pressure but through hard work, innovation and dedication we’ll thrive.