Flu Vaccine Clinics 2023
We will be holding our first flu vaccine clinics on:
Saturday 23 September and Saturday 30 September.
These clinics will be by appointment only, and you will be given a time frame to attend. We will be sending out invitations over the next few days to patients who are eligible. When calling to make your appointment please call any day after 2.00 pm when our lines are not so busy. We do expect the telephone lines to be exceptionally busy over the next couple of weeks with patients calling to book their appointments. We ask that you bear this in mind; our receptionists will be working extremely hard to help everyone.
Please see below the groups who will be eligible for a flu vaccine from 1 September 2023:
- Aged 65 years and over.
- Aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups (as defined by the Green Book, chapter 19 (Influenza).
- Pregnant women.
- All children who will be aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2023.
- Primary school aged children (from Reception to Year 6).
- Patients who are in long-stay residential care homes.
- Carers in receipt of carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person.
- Patients who are close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Frontline workers in a social care setting without an employer led occupational health scheme, including those working for a registered residential care or nursing home, registered domiciliary care providers, voluntary managed hospice providers, and those that are employed by individuals who receive direct payments (personal budgets) or Personal Health budgets, such as Personal Assistants.
Please note the clinics will be running from our main site Queens Road Surgery
Autumn Covid Booster
We do not have confirmation of any delivery dates yet but have been informed the campaign will start in October and finish on the 15th of December 2023. As soon as we have confirmed dates, we will be in touch with patients who are eligible.